Monday, April 07, 2008

'A mother's love is instinctual, unconditional and forever'

We'll hvnt post here for so damn long. Anyway here goes..

Recently I attended some incident at some location which I can't say. However I did not expect that I'd learn something from this. When I arrived, I saw her. Lying there on the bed. Alone. Mouth opened. Face pale. Slightly darkened feet. She was there dressed in pyjamas lying motionless. I took down her full particulars and began looking around her one room flat. She was 89 years old. Paramedics then pronounced her dead shortly past 1900hrs. As I walked around and stumbled upon some photographs of her with a chinese lady, a eurasian man with 2 young eurasian girls. I questioned her room mate and found that that was a photo of the deceased with her daughter, son in law and her grandchildren. I then asked if I could contact them. Sadly however, I was informed that they are currently living in Australia.

I just stood there looking at that photograph and I looked at the deceased. Then I sighed. I was thinking and asking myself, how could they just leave this poor old lady behind. She had passed away alone that day. I felt terrible. For a mother to have raised a child, and the child just leaves her behind... I don't know. Imagine if you are the old lady. It breaks my heart looking at her even though I am an outsider.

So my dear friends, you should know what I'm trying to imply huh? Btw, this isn't a story with some lame ol' learning lesson that I tried making up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home