Sunday, October 08, 2006

Lessons from a Chicken Rice Man

On saturday, Yangy's b'day, we went to dover mkt to have chicken rice, which was extremely satisfying by the way. There, the man who served us gave us a dose of advice, quite unlike the usual which we are used to. The convo went something like this...

Chicken Rice Man: Eh you all finish exams already not?

Jw: Nope still got 'A's.

CRM: Wa you all JC2 already ar. Better study hard. Next year army. I was in the army 26 years leh. Like shit like that.

Jw: Wow thats great!

CRM: Great your head la! 26 years k no joke ar. Budden i go out play stocks lose 200k. Now what? Drive taxi help sell chicken rice. Kanina. You all better don't follow in my footsteps.

This surprisingly eloquent chicken rice man/taxi driver/army officer/businessman really got me thinking. Do I want to be like him when i grow up, having to learn things the hard way? I think not. Thus friends, study hard. This coming exam will really determine our futures. I for one vow to stop wasting time in school and heed the advice of Grace and Maeyan. Thank you two for nagging at me incessantly to study. You'll see. I shall retire to my private corner and mug like you've never seen me mug before. Yup, that's all i have to say. Study hard folks.

Oh yeah, announcement to all hubbers: STAY OUT OF MY CORNER! CAN'T YOU READ THE SIGNS? Trespassers will be PROSECUTED! HAHA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home